Good news everyone!!*
We’re Alive: Lockdown will be featured at the upcoming Hear Now Festival in Kansas City, Missouri, and I will be there for the event and a meet and greet! But first, about the “listening session”.
Friday, June 9 • 10:00am – 11:30am
NATF Playhouse: We’re Alive: Lockdown
MEET AND GREET! Friday, June 9• 2 pm – Holiday In – One East 45th Street, Kansas City, MO 64111 (IF we have updates, we’ll post them here)
Starting off this listening block is We’re Alive: Lockdown. “Life on the inside” takes on a whole new meaning. A riot has broken out at Twin Towers Jail. Simeon, five of his fellow inmates, and the prison guards assigned to them have found themselves trapped in the inescapable confines of T-block during the lockdown. Boundaries of trust are pushed to the limit as the survivors must learn to work together if they have any hope of escaping the horde of infected and the deadly secret that lies within Twin Tower’s walls.Writer, director, producer KC Wayland will present a 30 minute sample from the six part series.
If you’re in the area, I’d love to say hello, chat about the series, maybe give out a little swag. Speaking of giveaways, we have 2 free passes with FULL VIP ACCESS TO THE FESTIVAL to giveaway**!
**This includes all panels, listening and performance sessions, and after parties. It does not include travel – but the hotel has rooms you can get at the same discounts as the artists.
The pass would cover Thursday June 8 as early as 2 pm for registration at the Holiday Inn till the farewell brunch on Sunday June 11 from 9:30am – noon, where we can have brunch together.
HOW DO YOU WIN THE FREE PASS?
- You need to be able to GO to the festival. Like CAN make it, no maybes. I don’t want to eat alone on Sunday.
- COMMENT below with your e-mail. Between this post and We’re Alive, we’ll choose a winner by MAY 23rd, and then delete the comments so your e-mails don’t get spammed. You can say additional things in your post like “I’ll make it!” or “I won’t abandon you at brunch!” or if you live in the area and know really great food places.
Cinemark Theater ‘A’ 526 Nichols Rd., Kansas City, MO 64112
- For Program Information: http://www.werealive.com/
- Order Festival Passes & Show Tic http://www.hearnowfestival.org/2017-tickets–schedules.html
*Futurama for life.
Latest posts by Kc Wayland (see all)
- I’m featuring We’re Alive at the Hear Now Festival - May 10, 2017
- I will be at the AWP Conference Friday Feb 10th! – Audio Drama and Podcasting - February 8, 2017
- Bronzeville Premieres Feb 7th! - January 30, 2017