Chapman University: Dodge College of Film and Media Arts
FTV 329/529-09: Audio Drama Production
Enrolling for Interterm 2017
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 1:00 pm – 5:05pm
Instructor: Kc Wayland
Explore the art and technology behind creating audio-only narrative stories. Over the duration of the course, two 30 minute short stories will be written, cast, directed, recorded, edited, and sound-designed by the class. We will be focusing on areas of writing using words to tell rather than show, how to create sound using all four dimensions of aural editing, creating emotion through foley, and production management of voice-only recording sessions and union guidelines.
Writers, editors, sound designers, and producers are encouraged to enroll and strengthen their skill-sets in the following areas:
- Writers: Focusing solely on dialogue and characters
- Editors: Finding and manipulating the pace and rhythm of dialogue while not focusing on matching action.
- Sound Designers: Without images as a guide, the focus of sound design relies solely on script, the recorded dialogue, and their imagination, building sound that compliments the scene and actions.
- Producers: Will learn how to build schedules, and contracts for voice recording sessions, and manage post production deadlines.
Latest posts by Kc Wayland (see all)
- Workshop 101 for Audio Drama at the Hear Now Festival in Kansas City – June 5 – 2019 - March 25, 2019
- Podfest 2019! - February 11, 2019
- New Course: SW417 – Writing for Audio - January 3, 2019